Thank you to our Sponsors!
After an initial partnership with Convoy of Hope in 2015, Hope for Worcester has expanded into an independent non-profit organization and continue to hold our annual “Day of Hope” event. This event is the beginning of a long-lasting momentum that has the power to transform people’s lives, inspire compassion and service, and bring people and organizations together like never before.
This community event is a collaborative effort to bring hope to Worcester County through FREE groceries, health screenings, job and career services, family portraits, haircuts, prayer, “Kids Carnival”, community services, and entertainment. This all-volunteer event mobilizes residents to serve and make a difference in their community. Strong participation by local businesses, churches, community agencies, and individuals is crucial to the success of this event. Through this collaborative effort we do together what no one could do alone.
On June 10, 2017, we came together once again to serve the people of Worcester. We thank all the partners and volunteers, as well as the city of Worcester for their cooperation in utilizing the whole of University Park and designating serving sites within the city. It was great to see both new and returning agencies, organizations, and businesses participate to help make this event as successful as it was. The hearts of compassion and commitment from all the volunteers, agencies, organizations, and businesses was amazing!! It was a pleasure and honor to serve alongside so many of you this year.
A special thank you to national brands: Renewal by Anderson, Walmart, UPS, Table Talk Pies, Polar Beverages, Kayem Corporation and Chick-fil-A for their participation in the event.
Highlights from June 2017:
- 2,115 Guest of Honor (wristbands)
- 3,921 Bags of Groceries distributed
- 1400 Table Talk Pies given out
- 2000 Hot Dogs served
- 460 Shoes distributed
- 115 Clothing items given while 75-80 Guests of honor came through to try on clothing
- 106 Guests of Honor visited the Library Van, 2 cards issues, and 34 books checked out
- 186 Haircuts given by the 17 Barbers who volunteered their time.
- 217 Guest went through Connections, 18 gave themselves to the Lord, 67 Individuals to Follow Up on.
- 125 Family Photos while 387 Guests of Honor went through the photography area.
Specific Health & Community Services stats see below:
- 550 Guest of Honor entered through health services
- 870 Guest of honor entered through community services
- 75 Fluoride treatments for children provided by Project Stretch Dental
- 42 Blood pressure screenings performed by volunteer nurses
- 67 vision checks provided by MCPHS Optometry
- 50 Children & 25 Adults received information about hearing conservation provided by Worcester State University Speech & Communication Disorder Students
- 30-40 Bike Training lessons provided by Worcester State University Occupational Therapy Students
Highlights from the 2016 event are below:
* Over 4,000 bags of groceries were distributed
* Chick-fil-A passed out 2700 chicken sandwiches, 2,500 hotdogs and 2,000 bottles of water were distributed
* 720 volunteers participated
* 50 churches and over 40 community and health organizations were involved
* Tom’s Shoes provided over 1,000 pairs of free shoes
* 105 professional family photographs produced
* 98 haircuts
* National Breast Cancer Foundation provided 411 women with educational packets & early detection tools
* Health Services team served 534 registered guests